Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Christmas Come Early

So I'm writing a December post in February. 

I think you'll let me off the hook on this one because the last two months I've been a little bit busy... birthing my first child and becoming a parent. What a shock to the system parenthood is eh? 

Our delicious bundle of joy arrived seven days late on December 19th. I won't go into her story just yet because I want to write a post just for her. 

This post is about Christmas. 

Our first Christmas as a family of three.

Sadly, we didn't document as much of the season as I would have liked. We had my mum staying with us for Christmas day and she slaved away in the kitchen making all sorts of delights while we vegetated and tended to the little dragon girl now demanding so much of our time and attention.

We also started a new Christmas tradition. Ebelskivers!! For breakfast. With nutella and lemon curd in the center. SO GOOD!! Mum found the recipe here and it was fantastic. Highly recommend!

Madeline's first Christmas present was a little dragon ornament to go on the tree. A Christmas dragon ornament for our Christmas dragon baby. 

Adorable dragon baby
Adorable dragon ornament


Thanks to Nana Ramona for this little outfit. We had a tough time getting her in it (she's making her resisting face) but it was totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Congratulations on your lovely dragon baby. And the first is a shock, isn't it? You two will be great parents. And if not, may your child be forgiving :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Merry Christmas, and you are forever off-the-hook for timely blog posts thanks to that little bundle... Enjoy! It just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete