Saturday, December 25, 2010

The story of Derrald and the Horse

I know it's Christmas and I promise I will write another post to commemorate this time in all it's merriness, but I have a story to tell that can not wait. The story of Derrald and the Horse.

First of all, I need you to watch this commercial (pay particular attention to the end):

Not only is this commercial brilliant, it was the inspiration for Derrald's first "ride" on Tiny.

Tiny is a horse. My dad's horse. He's white, kinda like the one in the commercial. Tiny is not tiny at all. Tiny is big. He looks something like this:



Tiny likes carrots. And apples. And luckily, Derrald had both. So he could win the friendship of his steedy pal. A good start. What was to happen next was relatively simple:

Mount the horse.
Smile.
Stay on the horse.

Derrald thought he could do it. So he climbed the fence. Threw his leg over the animal and enjoyed the feeling of one-horse-power.



All was going merrily (as makes sense for the season) and Derrald even decided to impress us, calling on the aforementioned commercial... "ladies, i'm the man your man could smell..." and then it happened, just a small motion really, but Derrald's backside started to slide.



He was sliding bum first off the massive animal. I wish I could say it bucked him. I wish I could say it reared up it's front legs and it was a struggle between horse and man, a fight for the life. But it wasn't. It was Tiny being a perfectly normal and Derrald's bottom being unusually heavy and slidey.

"Ladies, I'm the man your man could smell liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike".

Mud.



Derrald has only ridden a horse twice in his life. Both times he's fallen off. Derrald is NOT a good horse rider but he's a very good horse fall-er. And darn, if he didn't smell SO bad all the way home. We climbed in the car to get that boy to a shower and he uttered "Ladies, what you are smelling right now is me". I was going to describe it but it's Christmas. So I'll save you. Suffice to say it was BAD.

Huh-larious. Maybe next year will be the year Derrald doesn't fall off a horse? 6 days and counting...

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! After viewing your posted I immediately dragged Stefan to the computer. Classic.

    ReplyDelete