Monday, July 19, 2010

The Wedding - Part II

Alright. So where were we? On our way to dinner I think.

Fun, colorful tables.


Teke bags from NZ with paua shell and mini kiwi's. Jordan almonds. Cards to write your wishes for the bride and groom. Centerpieces made by Linda Ross with photos of me and Derrald.


Voss water. D thought he was in heaven.


Our wedding cake (on the right) was made by my Grandma with flowers native to New Zealand. It's also worth taking note of the little silver pieces on top of the cake (one is shaped like a horse-shoe) - these were from my Grandmother's cake in 1954. The other cake (on the left) was a pavlova (one, of maybe two hundred, i had been making every night for 10 days before the wedding) , which we made for all the guests to try.


Notice, we cut the pavlova, not the other cake. The other cake will be kept in the freezer until a) our one year anniversary or b) we have our first child...(substantially longer than a year if all goes according to plan, which, let's face, life does NOT always go according to plan... but let's presume this time it will)... then we'll bring it out again, re-ice it and eat it. This is tradition. Whether we like fruit cake or not (derrald).

First Dance.
"Lucky" by Jason Mraz.


2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love Voss?

    Keep the wedding posts coming Hayley Dear, it reminds me that I haven't been in a cubicle my entire life.

    Tell me again why we didn't dance our first dance to Modest Mouse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot!!! I hate myself for forgetting! Pavlova. I need to add this to my repertoire. Mostly because the day of the barbecue we sent Stefan home early with all the kids after two hours of him whispering in my ear, "Do you think they have leftover pavlova?" Not two minutes after he'd loaded the kids up and headed to the hotel out came the pavlova. Within seconds of me arriving back at the hotel he'd asked, "So did they ever pull out the pavlova?" To which I had to reply affirmatively. You've never heard such a groan of despair. It's not the kind of thing you can pick up at the store, and believe me when I tell you that he's still nursing the loss.

    ReplyDelete