Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One Year

Today is the one year anniversary of Hayley and I remeeting in the Outer Banks. One year ago today I was driving five hours to the coast after finishing the second day of my comprehensive exams. I had no idea what was about to happen. My first glimpse of Hayley was her bouncing over a sand dune while I chatted with her dad (Ross) and Mike Kuhn. On this trip I was able to overcome my tear-fest during Up (if you didn't cry in the first 10 minutes you have a heart of stone) by eating Hayley's lentils morning, noon, and night. A year later half of us have moved to a different country and both of us are married. Happy anniversary.

2 comments:

  1. I remember it well. Just old friends meeting up at the beach. I can tell you right now I was not blind to the potential. Ahhh love.

    We're know you're planning a wedding, but we want pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the tear-fest. The day you tried to trick me into thinking you were the "sensitive type".

    One D point.

    ReplyDelete