Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lucky Eight

Eights are lucky in Chinese numerology and Maddy turned 8 months old this month (the eighth month!). I've been trying my best to be one of those "Super Moms" that get all crafty and cool with their babies. You know the kind. The ones that homemade blankets and onesies for their newborns, made sure they got footprints framed and up in the nursery, um, create an actual nursery... the problem is, I'm just not very good at it. It's not really "me". I'm Regular Mom*. I have great ideas that don't usually come to fruition but if they do, they are lopsided, uneven, just a little too much, not enough, blurry, too big, too small, but full full full of good intentions. ;)

Did I mention my cool sister-in-law got me some adorable stickers that have each month printed on them? Yeah! So I can simply stick them on the front of a onesie, throw down a cute blanket and voila, I can photoshoot Madeline at every one month stage. Could not be simpler right? Well... I'm doing my best! I've managed to get every month but number 6. I have not managed to maintain the white onesie, the fun blanket background and I almost never have a model who is willing to work with me... but it's been really fun and I just love seeing how Maddy has grown.

*I think I'm more of a "Mum" actually but I said "Super Mom" so for continuity I'll stick with it

She's not one to let you stick something on her without investigating it.
She's not one to sit still...especially now she can crawl!
Always something in her mouth! And preferably something in both hands.
Ah! Finally. There we go! My big little grown up baby girl. -Boy? Girl!

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Lily and I are loving this!!! It was worth the work, because that last picture is a WINNER!!!! Although, the first is probably my favorite. So stinking cute.

    I'm not crafty mom/mum either. But we don't need to craft the memories, because we write them!!! (ummm...sometimes...on a good day...when I've really got myself pumped). Who cares! I just know we're awesome. Pretty freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete