Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Minty Fresh

A month or two ago I spotted a tiny little mint plant in the Japan Home Center (i love these stores) in Hang Hau. They always have plants but they are always random. My lovely little plant was about five stalks maybe 2-3 inches in height and only $10HK! So what if I usually kill every plant that enters my home. Apparently plants can't survive on good intentions. I never understand why they die. I give them  water, sunlight, and so much love... but die they do. Still. I decided we could take the $10 hit for one more chance on my green-to-be fingers. And now...

LOOK!!!!!!!!



My five little mint stalks turned into a mint jungle! I even repotted it, stuck it outside on the balcony and today I took in my first "harvest".  I put it straight into a mug with some hot water for a delicious fresh mint tea. Morocco in my mouth I LOVE IT. 

I am now growing basil, an african violet, a peace lily (thanks Mum), indoor muscari, indoor crocus, and a dill plant given to me by one of Derrald's work friends, Swallow. Swallow is an amazing gardener. Although I foresee some problems with the muscari and crocus (I messed up the "cold" period and now I don't think they'll flower...saddies) I am happy to report all plants are alive and thriving. 

Now, who wants to come over for some morning/afternoon tea? I have plenty.

1 comment:

  1. I hate this post. I have four dead herb plants sitting on my kitchen table--mocking me. I did everything but sing to them every night, and still they wither before me. There is SO much magic in a thriving plant. Such joy it brings. I'm smelling your mint now through my screen...ahhhhhh, the world seems so simple all of a sudden. Serenity.

    ReplyDelete