Monday, January 10, 2011

He rides again!

What's that life saying? The one about falling off a horse and then getting right back in the saddle? 

Well, only a week after the initial "derrald-horse-incident" we all trekked out to the paddock where Tiny, (the horse that Derrald fell off) awaited with a saddle. This time the party consisted of myself, my Dad, Mum, Derrald, Brendan and Amy. 

I took a quick video of Dad showing us all how it is done: (working on uploading this)

Then it was Derrald's turn. I tried to convince him to let me post a video I had taken but for some reason D is having none of it. I think it's because I failed to find/attach the theme tune from "the Man from Snowy River" for greater affect. So, I'm sorry friends. There is no proof that he can actually stay on a horse... you'll just have to take my word for it. He did.



Inspired by his success we all decided to have a go. Here are some pictures of me, Amy and Mum, who had to be cajoled into going but showed us all up with her mad horsemanship skills. If Dad was a closet cowboy... what's Mum hiding from us?



                                   






Dad got just as much workout as the horse by running round in front of him!! Lots of fun was had by all. I'm not ready to purchase any cowboy boots just yet... but if Arkansas ends up being Derrald's job destination I've promised to buy boots (and a truck) and now I know I have a horse to ride them with.

Sweet.



1 comment:

  1. I'm still laughing at the original story.

    Nothing makes me happier than Duke riding horses stories... well, besides Duke falling off of horses stories.

    ReplyDelete