Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wingman

Every girl needs a wingman. You know, for those special occasions, like, when she has a film festival to go to and she needs someone to sit through 28 short films over the period of 6 hours with her. 

Derrald is the best wingman. 


As previously mentioned, my short film "Finding Marilyn" screened at the Carrboro Film Festival this past Sunday and it was so much fun. The festival itself was a huge success. There were some great films made by local artists and it was such a pleasure to get to meet some of these folks as well as watch their work.

We had a full house.




 We had Q&A with the filmmakers. That's me. Far right.


And then possibly the best part of the evening, awards time!! "Finding Marilyn" did exceptionally well for it's first festival, taking home the awards for excellence in cinematography and for best film by a professional/emerging artist. I wish that other members of our cast and crew could have been there to enjoy the day and the validation that comes with being recognized.


Making a film, even if it is only 15 minutes long, takes a lot more work than you might think. It didn't help that I decided to create a production that involved artists from all over the world... where they were still located all over the world... but from conception to finish it took two years. Many people, friends really, gave their time willingly and FREEly. It would have been impossible without them.  You know who you are, THANK YOU.

4 comments:

  1. I love that everyone thought I was a producer. I am a producer, who am I kidding?

    You are an amazing filmmaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't really thought about that before but Derrald really is a WONDERFUL wingman! bribe him with some betos & hot sauce and he'll just about do anything. except for in your case, i'm sure you bribed him with something even more appealing.

    anywayyyyy

    so proud of you dear girl!!!! I CAN'T WAIT to see the entire thing! will you be here for christmas?! i hope so!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke used to be MY wingman... and I can totally vouch for his awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete