Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where did August go?

I've been getting some pressure lately about not writing on this blog enough. I want to. It's not that I don't. It's just, so many things have been happening recently I have no idea how to blog them coherently, in a way that doesn't get confusing... or over indulgent. Seriously. It's easy to get carried away on these things and I have a journal for that.


So, I'm going to bullet point. I LOVE to bullet point. It's a method of list-making. And I LOVE lists.

Our life in August, by way of bullet-points:

KEY: H = Hayley D = Derrald
  • H goes to TAG actors meeting
  • H meets with her visiting teachers for the first time
  • Seth (our newest family addition) comes to stay for a night (and almost never gets to leave!!)
  • D+H are losing weight on WW - trying not to let their hunger irritate them into being monsters 24/7
  • H receives her work permit from the US Government
  • H flies to Boston to help her sister, Ashley, pack up and move
  • Brendan is injured in Afghanistan - the family panic.
  • Brendan is flown to Germany for care
  • D flies to Utah for Lorien's wedding
  • Ashley flies to Sudan to begin a 6month medical placement
  • H flies to Utah to meet D
  • The Stice ladies plan a surprise bridal shower (afternoon tea) for H
  • Ryan's birthday (same day as the bridal shower - talk about selfless!)
  • Lorien and Seth's Wedding!
  • The babies and Lily go back to school
  • Kay Stice receives an award from BYU
  • H meets half of Utah in the attempt to better know some of D's friends and family
  • We meet baby Kylie (our niece) for the first time
  • Brendan is sent back to the US for rehabilitation
  • D+H detour their homebound flight to make a stop in Atlanta to spend time with Brendan
  • H's dad falls off his horse
  • D+H weigh-in and find out all their earlier efforts have been completely negated by the fact that they pounded bundt cake, brownies, shakes, IN&OUT burgers, and other delicious things in a completely uncontrolled fashion for two weeks
  • D continues the long battle towards graduation and getting his dissertation done
  • H's short film "Finding Marilyn" gets listed on IMDb
  • H receives the immigration notice allocating her an interview date for September 9th
  • D+H recommit to health, school and living the good (poor) life
I have not added some of the fun details. The juice, if you will. I thought I would revisit some of the points in detail in a future post. If you've seen something here you'd like to hear more about, let me know. If you've seen something here that you wish I'd never mentioned, stay quiet. No one is forcing you to read this.

NO, Derrald. SOME things are NOT meant to be listed in bullet point on the blog. In fact, those things are not meant to be listed in bullet point - ever.

What's a blog post without photos? Snore. That's what. So, even though I failed to take any photos the entire month of August (this makes me SO sad) I am adding a little token eye candy for you.


This was a little "behind the scenes"... I am still going through our wedding photos but I will get them up asap.

    1 comment:

    1. Why are you evil-smiling? Unbelievable. There I am, just tenderly giving you a physical token of affection, and you smile like you're scheming a heist? Focus, come on.

      ReplyDelete