Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pie a la' Duke

I've been banned from the kitchen.

Whenever my husband "bans" me from the kitchen, I know he is up to something... the last time he did this we ended up with the most ridiculous dessert I have ever seen/tasted/heard of in my entire life. Seriously. It was sick. It was the first time both of us failed to finish our plates! (We made up for it later though when we ate dessert for breakfast, afternoon tea and then dessert again the next day!)

This is all the evidence that remained:

Recipe for Pie a la' Duke:

*homemade graham cracker crust (graham crackers, sugar, butter)
*cream cheese (flavored strawberry/pineapple also good)
*brownie mix - no eggs
*shredded coconut
*cool whip

Layer the crust, cream cheese and brownie mix in the order written above. After putting the brownie mix in the pie crust, cook briefly just till the edges are beginning to set. Remove from the oven, top with the coconut and cool whip. Good luck!

I wonder what surprise I am in for today...

1 comment: