Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March Madness

Even after moving 8,000 miles away, we still haven't managed to escape the Madness that is March.

March. 

The month where every day, except one, has looked like this:


(driving me to) Madness.


The month where I partake in my first ever basketball bracket challenge and somehow land second on the leader board because my choices according to logo color and general feeling really paid off. Madness.


The month where my father-in-law removed his laid-back, hawaiian shirt wearing attitude and laid the smack down on us schmucks trailing in his tournament challenge wake. Um?

Example:

Madness.

The month where my group of 8-10 year olds finally get to perform the play we have been rehearsing for months. "White Wing's Escape". An endearing tale about a bold young parrot, White Wing, just trying to find his(or her - we were indifferent) way in the world but struggling because he(or she) is different.


All the other parrots have colors and WW only has white feathers. He is ridiculed... until he saves them all from being killed... HOORAY... by the most adorable hunters you have ever seen (not pictured)


The costumes made them look like chickens.


 Oh, and there were also some rhyming monkeys.

What? Don't monkeys have microphones and rhyme where you live too?
Madness.

The month where they have a party to celebrate our White Wing success and the children sit at their desks eating McDonalds. Then they show me an app on my iphone that can make me look like this:



Madness.

The month where I shoot two jobs back to back (a fifteen hour day) while still recovering from several days in bed with a horrible flu/fever that I most likely caught on a previous shoot that had us out in the cold rain all day wearing naught but a t-shirt and shorts. The same shoot that had us hanging with the monkeys and fighting with the cows for lunch!




Madness.


The month where I make my first ever hot cross buns!


And borscht!




Mad(fun)ness.

The month where Derrald and I celebrate TWO whole years of being married.

Has it only been two years since the day we walked into a jailhouse and said "i do"? It seems like so much has happened since then but it also seems like yesterday.

Madness.



Happy March Madness Everybody! 

And here's to Ohio State winning the Championship so I can lord my telepathic powers and ability to pick a winner over my UNC-loyal- in-laws. Bring on the upset.

2 comments:

  1. UNC will definitely win. I'm just happy my percentile ranking has crept above 20th. Happy ani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are adorable! That must have been a lot of fun.

    And I'm glad your bracket is doing well ;-)

    ReplyDelete