Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Big Three Oh



Yesterday Derrald turned 30 years old. I have now known him for 15 years. Half his life. 

We have been quietly celebrating all week, mostly in the form of baked goods, and last night I took him out for a surprise dinner at Morton's Steakhouse. It was perfect. 



Morton's is on the fourth floor of the Sheraton Hotel in TST and has fabulous views across the harbor. We were in perfect time to catch the light show at 8pm.

They made us personalized menus to take home! I loved all the personal touches. Notice the "Happy Birthday, Derrald!" at the top of the page.





Neither of us has eaten this much meat in a very, very long time and it was very, very good... and the brussels sprouts were great too!


Delicious dessert! Molten chocolate cake. YUM. And again with the "Happy Birthday Derrald" touch.

Making a wish...

Happy and homeward bound, one of us still in our 20's and the other in a whole new decade, 30's.

2 comments:

  1. Best steak ever, and that wedge salad blew my mind. Thanks for dinner friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Chloe said she wanted to take me here for my bday as well!

    ReplyDelete